Open Mic Nights
Pros and amateurs try out new material (and beat old material to death) at the area's open mic nights. Many of these listings do change suddenly, so be sure to call or e-mail to confirm that a show is still running before you go. If you would like to add a listing to this page, e-mail email@example.com with the relevant information. Shows are listed by day of the week.
LAST UPDATE: 2/26/14
- Chief Ike's Mambo Room, 1725 Columbia Rd NW, Washington, DC, 20009. "Every other Sunday starting 2/9/14. Sign-up starts at 6:30pm, show starts at 7pm. Organized by Matt Dundas. Sign-up-on-site and everyone gets time. Visit this Facebook page to see up-to-date info."
- Grand Central, 2447 18th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Sunday at 8 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a spot.
- Hightops Backstage Grille, 2306 York Road, Timonium, MD 21093. Every Sunday, organized by Drink Till We're Funny. "Baltimore's Best Open Mic for 5 years running. Free show, big crowds, $2 Beers.There's a paid headliner spot, paid feature and 5-7 open mic slots every Sunday night. Comedians must email in advance for a spot - send your message to Phil Voneiff at email@example.com (DO NOT CALL THE VENUE)."
- Fire Station 1, 8131 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Organized by District Comedy. "Smokin' Hot Comedy, hosted by Kevin Blackerby every Monday at 8 p.m. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Fish Head Cantina, 4802 Benson Ave, Baltimore, MD 21227. "Show runs 8:15 to 10:15. Opening Comic w/ option to host - 10 to 12 mins / 8 slots - up to 8 mins stage time. For more info, e-mail email@example.com - DO NOT CONTACT THE VENUE.
- Koffee's Lounge, 2632 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC (across from Howard University). Organized by Mark Carter and Nikki Moore. To sign up comics can arrive at 7:30. The show starts at 8. You can visit the Just Jokes website for more info.
- Sidebar Tavern, 218 E. Lexington Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. Organized by Tim Hoekel. Sign up starts at 8 and show starts at 8:30.
- Townhouse Tavern, 1637 R St. NW, Washington, DC. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Monday at 8 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a spot.
- Beatnik Bar and Restaurant, 2101 Maryland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218. Starting 1/7/14 and proceeding every other Tuesday thereafter, it's "(sic) Joeks" open mic comedy, hosted by Mark Miller and Ezra Lefko. Sign up starts at 8, and the show starts at 9. If you have questions, text Mark at 304-685-7093 on Tuesdays between 5 and 8.
- Bier Baron, 1523 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC 20037. Tuesdays at 9, starting 2/25/14. "Max Rosenblum hosts DC’s best comedians every Tuesday beginning at 9 p.m. for a FREE show." For more information email email@example.com.
- Dangerously Delicious Pies, 2839 O'Donnell Street, Baltimore, MD 21224. "Every first and third Tuesday of the month, an open mic that features BYOB and f***ing pie!" Sign-up is 8 p.m., showtime is 8:30. Organized by C.J. Stottuth.
- Nick's Riverside Grill, 3050 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20007. Starting October 1 and potentially every Tuesday following, there will officially be a 'Tuesday Night Open-Mic Comedy and Tom Foolery show' at Nicks Riverside Grill on the Georgetown Waterfront from 9-10:30. In addition to the usual stage and mic, everyone's first draft is half off, the performers first draft is free, a dinner-and-a-show theme will be in swing (marketing done by Nick's), and the view is really one of DC's best. To sign up or get more info, e-mail Brock Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Red Zone Grill, 10560 Main Street, Fairfax, VA 22030. Tuesday Night Laughter is every week starting at 8 p.m. (doors open at 7). You can sign up in person or contact Travis Spencer at email@example.com.
- Solly's Tavern, 1942 11th Street NW, Washington, DC. Apparently on the first and third Tuesday of the month. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Speakeasy, storytelling open mic at Town Danceboutique, 2009 8th Street NW, Washington, DC. "The Speakeasy" is the second Tuesday of every month, and it's a storytelling open mic with a theme. Doors open 6:30. Show runs 8-10 and admission is $10 at the door. There are two featured tellers and anyone with a story (i.e. not a series of jokes) can sign-up. Performers must use the theme and there is a strict 7-minute time limit (no exceptions). Stories are often funny, but not always, and never offensive (so, if you've got something to say that you wouldn't say in a room full of gays, blacks, jews, homeless people, muslims, women or whoever, don't bother saying it here). It's most important that stories are interesting and compelling. You must see one show before signing up, so you know what to expect. Then click here to find out more and fill out a form."
- Tangier Restaurant and Hookah Lounge, 2305 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20009. Open mic comedy organized by Amanda Foster and Teresa Cagnolatti. Free show 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 8 PM (as of 4/9/13). Sign-up is on site and starts at 7:30. Bar extends happy hour (on drinks and hookah) until 10 PM to accommodate comedy attendees. E-mail email@example.com with any questions.
- 21st Amdendment Bar and Grill, 550 C Street, SW (inside the Holiday Inn), Washington, DC 20024. "Join us for the Marc Brown Live! talk show featuring comedians and musical guests, every other Tuesday starting March 4, 2014 at 7:07 pm – 9:00 pm, organized by 707 Entertainment Group. No Cover – Drink Specials. There are two paid guest spots (10-15 minute set) per show and an Open Mic Competition (3-5 minutes set) where the winner gets a paid spot on a future show. For the competition 3-5 comedians will be picked for each show so please send your 3 to 5 minute video or audio clip to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified of your selection at least a week before the show. Additionally...Producers of the show will pick one random comedian who has previously submitted a clip to compete as the Wild Card! You will receive a "you got a wild card" notification one day before the show. Check in with producers upon arrival. -- PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE VENUE."
- The Big Hunt, 1345 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Wednesday at 8 p.m. E-mail email@example.com for a spot.
- The Glass Grill, 6804 Eastern Ave., Baltimore MD 21224. No cover. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list early -- first come, first served.
- Pure Lounge, 1326 U St. NW, Washington, DC 20009. Every third Wednesday of the month, one block Away From U Street Cardoza Metro Station. Show starts at 8 p.m., hosted by Joe Jack. Comedians must e-mail email@example.com to get a spot (we have 8 spots).
- Ri-Ra Irish Pub, 2915 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201. Organized by Standupcomedytogo.com. Since 2008! Shows run 8 - 10. 3 to 10 minutes stage time. Newbies welcome! $25 cash prize joke contest for non-coms after the show! Metro friendly. Sign-up: e-mail CurtShackelford (at) verizon.net. DON'T CALL RI-RA.
- Splash Lounge, 11401 Woodglen Drive, Rockville, MD 20852. Every Wednesday night at 8, organized by Jesse Rivas. Free show. Comedians should email Wednesday.COMedy@gmail.com in advance for spots -- DO NOT CALL THE VENUE.
- Touchdown, 1334 U St. NW Washington, DC 20009. Every Wednesday, 8 p.m., hosted by Hemu Nair and Blake Premer. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a 5 minute slot; waiting time can be 1-3 weeks. Walk in anytime and sign up for the Comedy Lightning Round (2 minutes/comic). All levels welcome!
- Brittany's, 12449 Dillingham Square, Woodbridge, VA. Organized by by First Laugh Entertainment. Thursday Night open mic at 9:30 p.m. and monthly weekend showcases. Booked by Paul Simpson and Jim Pate. E-mail BrittanysComedy@gmail.com.
- The Comedy Spot, 4238 Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA (in the Ballston mall). On the Spot's second stage. Sign-ups start at 7, show starts at 7:30. No cover. Pros, amateurs and newcomers are welcome! Sign-up is on site and not in advance. For any other info, e-mail email@example.com (do not contact the Comedy Spot).
- Fast Eddie's, 6220 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22303. Every Thursday Sho Nuff Funny Entertainment presents Traumatic Thursday Open Mic at Fast Eddie's in Alexandria, Virginia. Comedians must email in advance for a spot at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (571) 269-3477 (please do not call the venue).
- Magooby's Joke House, 9603 Deereco Road, Timonium, MD 21093. This "New Talent Night" is usually the second and last Thursday of the month; you can get more info by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Pelican's Rum, 928 U St NW, Washington, DC 20001. I don't have too much info on this, other than telling you that the show runs at 8 and it is organized by a guy named Cecoy Burnett.
- RFD, 810 7th Street NW, Washington, DC. Organized by District Comedy. This show is in the back room of RFD every Thursday. Doors open at 7:30, and the show starts at 8:30. Comics get 5-7 minutes. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Science Club, 1136 19th St. NW, Washington, DC 20036. "David Coulter and Max Rosenblum host this weekly Thursday stand up comedy show at Science Club in DuPont Circle. Comics sign up is on site beginning at 8 p.m. Show starts at 8:30 p.m."
- Taylor Made Cafe, 6 South Poppleton St., Baltimore, MD. "Last Comic Standing" open mic comedy. First and third Thursday of every month, from 8 to 11. $10 at the door. Interested comedians can contact Daryell at 443-877-0877 or Nick at 443-983-8325.
- Topaz Hotel, 1733 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20036. Organized by Standupcomedytogo.com. Shows run 8 - 10. Lower Level Enlightenment Room. 3 to 10 minutes stage time. Newbies welcome! $25 cash prize joke contest for non-coms after the show! Metro friendly. Sign-up: e-mail CurtShackelford (at) verizon.net. DON'T CALL TOPAZ.
- The Big Hunt, 1345 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Friday at 8 p.m. E-mail email@example.com for a spot.
- Heaven and Hell, 2327 18th St NW Washington, DC 20009. Every Friday, Silver City presents "The Good, The Bad, and The Funny" hosted by Martin Amini. Performers get 5 minutes. Sign up on site. Email SilverCityProd@Me.com for more info.
- Capitol Lounge, 229 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20003. Organized by Underground Comedy. Free show every Saturday at 7 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a spot.
- Club Dynasty, 2210 14st NW, Washington, DC 20009. Any comics who are interested can e-mail Delanta at email@example.com or call 301.536.3929. Hosted by Dingbat.
- Hyatt Regency, 7400 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814. Organized by Standupcomedytogo.com. "Shows run 8 - 10 PM. 7-30 minutes stage time. Newbies welcome! ALL COMICS PAID. Metro friendly! Sign-up, e-mail CurtShackelford (at) verizon.net. DON'T CALL THE HYATT.
- Old Arlington Grill, 2903 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA. Starting at 10:30, organized by Andy Kline and Randolph T. This is a restaurant off the lobby of the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse. Each show features up to 15 comics and admission is free. You can sign up by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.